Drug Payment Scheme
- An individual or family need not spend more than €144 per month for approved prescribed drugs, medicines or appliances. Family expenditure covers a husband, wife, children under 18 and dependants under 23 in full time education.
- Application forms are available at all branches of Phelans Pharmacy for a Drug Payment scheme card. To do this you will need your PPSN (also known as PRSI) number.
- Medical card income guidelines – contact your local health board or link to www.hse.ie
Tax Relief on Prescriptions
- Prescribed medicines, doctors and consultants fees, hospital expenses and certain other medical procedures may be claimed against your income tax.
- The annual claim is made using a MED 1 tax form available from any of Phelans Pharmacies or from your local income tax office.
- We provide computerised prescription receipts to assist you.
- For further information on claiming tax relief click here.